Sunday, August 8, 2010

Week 12 Training

Shelby and Dave
Found out early Saturday evening that the radio contestants needed to show up at 6:15 instead of the usual 6:45 for an immunity challenge. I was worried that not everyone checked their email and so I tried to get phone numbers for everyone from Adam or Mike. Adam was in the car coming back to San Diego and didn’t have the numbers with him and Mike wasn’t available. I managed to find an email that Danielle had sent that had phone numbers for some of us that attended a fund raising meeting. Of the people I called, everyone but Jesse and Danielle had seen the email and Danielle would have seen it as she was about to check her email.

Today was our first immunity challenge other than the on-line voting which is why we had to show up at 6:15. It was a quiz about the CAF, XX1090, and had some pictures of various people associated with either the CAF or 1090. I thought I did pretty well but. . . . not good enough to win. Chris Glossner was the winner and he got less than 50% correct! Tough quiz and Adam must not have given us any partial credit for our answers. Congratulations Chris!

Ready to Roll
Today was supposed to be a recovery ride so I rode with group three (as did most of the radio group) so that I could maybe meet some new people in another group. Plus my legs were totally jelly from the 187 miles the day before and I didn’t think I could keep up with group two. For a recovery ride, the pace actually seemed pretty fast, especially at first. No issues or flats during the ride. I did stop to help one rider who had a chain come off and then I pulled him back to group. I also did chat with a bunch of people that I had never met before so it was a great ride.

After the ride, there was a very nice breakfast afterwards at the Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa. The food was great, the company better, and I again met some people who I had never talked with before (Scott and Nancy).  Trying to remember everyone’s name is tough! Scott Kaplan and his family also came out for the breakfast. 






No comments:

Post a Comment